June 02, 2006

Random Thoughts

Don't have anything to write about, hence: random thoughts.

  • People are always asking me, "what are you doing?" This is what I am doing these days. Go ahead and click, its an improvisation of a blogger template. It is Work-In-Progress and there's more where this came from. So whenever you need a different looking blog, catch me on Yahoo! IM.

  • Joblo gave it 9/10 and Arrow would butcher his family to see this again. And they saw it at the Cannes. It's my most awaited movie this year. Much awaited than Superman Returns. And I know it won't be released in India/Hyderabad. It's mucho-gloomy and uber-creepy. It's Guillermo del Toro's "El Laberinto del Fauno" (Pan's Labyrinth). Download the creepy trailer, already.

  • Next in line is Richard Linklater's live-action, rotoscopic-animated sci-fi, A Scanner Darkly. Three Words: PHILIP K. DICK (shame on you, ignoramus). It stars some of my favorite actors, Keanu Reeves, Robert Downey Jr., and Winona Ryder and Woody Harrelson. I believe I don't have to repeat the trailer line from above.

  • Year's biggest disappointment, Southland Tales, courtesy, Richard Kelly. I had hopes. Damn you, Richard. Please give me a Darko, again.

  • I am back on to music real hard, courtesy: iPod Nano. It's:

    • The Who's Baba O'Riley

    • Elton John's Tiny Dancer and My Father's Gun

    • Helen Stellar's Io (This time around)

    • Fleetwood Mac's Big Love (Acoustic)

    • Pearl Jam doing the Who's Baba O'Riley (live)

    • Wheat's Don't I Hold You

    • Lindsey Buckingham's Shut Us Down

    • Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird

    • D-Mode's remix of Starsailor's Four to the Floor

    • Led Zeppelin's Heartbreaker

    • Beck's Guero

    and more movie soundtracks and scores. I DIG MUSIC. (whoever got it, comment. hint: tiny dancer)

  • Got nothing to read. Going for book-shopping tomorrow. Looking for Harper Lee's To Kill A Mocking Bird, David Vise and Mark Malseed's Google Story and anything minimal (spanbauer, hempel, palahniuk, coupland, camus, lee). Meanwhile, enjoying The Lord of the Rings for the don't-rememberth time.

  • I am also going back to my web devlopment basics. Learning CSS again. Learning Modularization in XHTML 1.1. Trying to learn JavaScript for the nth time. I even have a CSS Reference on my iPod. Thanks, Westciv.


That's all folks! Will return with more thoughts in the near future.

1 comment:

Syed Asif said...

You got it, mate. Bet you DIG MUSIC. I see Almost Famous nearly everyday just to see Russell jump the roof.

BABA O'RILEY: Damn right it's the GREATEST ROCK SONG EVER!! I'd love to hear The Who doing it live. Haven't got my hands on it yet.

P.S. Read the "Greatest Rock Song Ever" post. I'd rate Baba O'Riley #1 but I haven't heard a lot of rock.